CAM KIM BICYCLE TOUR
Cam Kim Island Discovery gives you the opportunity to learn more about the beautiful landscape of the rural areas of Vietnam and the friendliness of the local people. Discover the real Hoi An with Hoi An Adventure
Cycle through the countryside of Hoi An on an exhilarating half-day bike tour that showcases rural life in Vietnam. Wheel through hidden alleyways in the historic center of Hoi An to rural roads that pass through picturesque villages, farms and fisheries. The tour departs at 8 am. An early morning start insures cooler temperatures and avoids the crush of tourists in town.
The route is designed to showcase Hoi An and past and present. We explore hidden passageways and winding alleyways of Hoi An's historic core, stopping to photograph the iconic Japanese bridge. Crossing first the canal bridge near the night market we continue to the new bridge connecting Hoi An proper and its southern villages. Within a few minutes we stop to visit a local family making noodle in the traditional method. These savory rice rice flour noodle is a common breakfast staple in the countryside. The ride continues a beautiful village where we are welcomed into a family home. Our host is nearly 90, fought in the American war, and with his wife maintains a lovely family chapel on site.
The tour turns rural cycling past rice fields and vegetable farms along small canals and waterways towards a boat building site. Fishing is still the lifeblood of the province and the hand-crafted construction of these vessels is amazing to witness and photograph. If the timing is right, we'll also have a the opportunity to witness entire families repairing their fishing nets between journeys at sea.
The roads narrow again to concrete paths and our final stops include a traditional mat weaving shop and a family distillery where rice wine has been produced in the same manner for generations. It's a short ride from here to where we board a local ferry for a trip back to town. Have your cameras ready for great views of the Hoi An waterfront.
We take care on all of our tours to provide water and snacks will be served along the route. There's a stop for tea, too.
- Visit boat building workshop: to see how wooden boats are made by the skillful workers there maintained from the 15th century.
- Visit a family that makes rice noodle: Here, you can interact with local people and even can try making the noodle yourself and know more about the daily life of the people on the island.
- Visit a family that makes sleeping mat and try making the sleeping mat under the instructions of locals
- Visit ancestral house to learn about our traditional worship how Vietnamese people show high respectation to our ancestor.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pick up at the hotel with the bicycle/scooter (depends on the hotel location) and go to the meeting point
- Enjoy noodle and rice cracker with home-made tea
- Tour will finish at the old quarter for you to explore the ancient town by yourself
- You can use the bicycle until 6h00 PM and return it at the hotel
- Bicycle for 1 day untill 6:00 PM
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Snack and home-made tea
CONTACT US ON WHATSAAP : +84977123244 TO HAVE THE BEST OFFER